SHRM Certification Policy and System Update:
We want to thank you for your ongoing support of the SHRM certification process as we move into our 7th year of operation. With your help, we have been able to take crucial steps to elevate SHRM Certification and its impact on the HR profession! Through your tireless dedication to your members and insightful feedback, SHRM certification has launched new initiatives and policies that continue to improve the certification and recertification process for the greater HR community.
With that in mind, we are excited to share even more good news! We’ve made some policy and system changes to make your recertification efforts easier than ever. Policy changes include the following:
• Minimum timeframe for educational activities has been changed from 1-hour to 15-minutes. Each 15-minute increment is equal to .25 PDCs.
• Credit requirement for SHRM-approved books and e-books has been changed from reading the book and completing a quiz to reading the book and submitting a book report summarizing what you learned. Each book submission is worth 3 PDCs.
• PDC maximum for the Advance Your Organization category has been increased to 30, an additional work project option has been added, and work hours for each option have been adjusted. New work project options are as follows:
- 10 PDCs for a work project involving 40+ hours of work.
- 20 PDCs fora work project involving 80+ hours of work.
- 30 PDCs for a work project involving 120+ hours of work.
• Activity codes will now be available to redeem PDCs for SHRM sponsored volunteer activities. Activities can either be auto uploaded by SHRM or provided to the recipient for manual input.
Earn 30 PDCs for your 2021 COVID-19 related Work!
In addition to the above changes we are once again offering an opportunity to earn PDC credit for the work you do to support your organization’s or your community’s 2021 COVID-19 response efforts. Work in this area qualifies as a 120+ work project in the Advance Your Organization category. Refer to the SHRM certification website for details.
For additional details about these changes and other policy/process information, please click on the link to download a copy of the 2021 Recertification Requirements Handbook.
Thank you for all that you do!
Take the Lead! Become SHRM-Certified.
SHRM's global HR credentials, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), offer growth, advancement, and recognition.
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert
and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping
you and your organization more competitive in today's economy. This professional
distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge
For information about getting certified, interest in a study group or any other questions, contact Josh Brown at email@example.com or 325-627-7301.
As an affiliate of SHRM, there are several education opportunities available, including self-paced study, instructor led and virtual options.
Please click the here to discover which education opportunity may work best for you.