Big Country SHRM
Call for Speakers-2022
Big Country SHRM is looking for speakers for our monthly education programming for 2022.
About Big Country SHRM
Big Country Society for Human Resource Management (Big Country SHRM) is a not-for-profit association of over 75 human resource professionals in the Abilene, San Angelo, and surrounding Big Country area representing hundreds of businesses. Formed in 1995, Big Country SHRM is a top chapter of the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and has been awarded Chapter of Excellence for the past several years. Big Country SHRM is the premier association driving the Human Resource profession to a level that is critical to organizational success. We develop professionals and provide opportunities to contribute to each other, our organization, and our communities.
Big Country SHRM does not offer a fee for speakers. Travel reimbursement is negotiable. However, the size and decision-making authority of our audience provides an outstanding opportunity for speakers to increase their visibility and establish valuable contacts with a targeted HR audience.
HR professionals attend Big Country SHRM Education Events on a monthly basis to further their knowledge in the human resource profession and to learn techniques relevant to their jobs. In the interest of our members, speakers should follow these guidelines. It is Big Country SHRM’s intent to submit all presentations to the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) and SHRM to achieve strategic or general credit for the benefit of attendees. Big Country SHRM will work with all Speakers to obtain the necessary information to submit presentations for credit.
Topics that would be of great interest to our organization include: Strategic Management, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Employee and Labor Relations, Organizational Development, Leadership, Diversity, Workforce Readiness, Business Acumen, Legal, Risk Management, and Ethics.
Speakers are prohibited from:
- Using the podium as a place for direct promotion of a speaker’s product, service or monetary self-interest.
- Soliciting attendee contact information is not allowed. Contact initiated by the attendee is completely acceptable.
- Videotaping and audiotaping are prohibited unless approved in advance by the Chapter President and/or Program Director at least 30 days prior to the presentation.
- Speakers should not distribute price lists or discuss their professional fees and are prohibited from selling merchandise or products such books, educational materials and promotional items.
- Speakers must refrain from making overt statements or pointed humor that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any individual group.
Speakers are permitted to:
- Include their company name and contact information on the first and/or last page of their presentation slides or handouts.
- Distribute business cards upon request after the session.
- Reference books or articles that they have authored.
Interested in Speaking? Contact Big Country SHRM today! Bcshrm0333@gmail.com