Please join us for our November monthly Big Country SHRM meeting at Abilene Country Club from 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM.
Dr. Cathy Ashby serves as the President/CEO of the United Way of Abilene. Prior to beginning this position in 2013, Cathy served as the Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction of Abilene Independent School District. She started her career with AISD in 1986 and has served several roles including teacher, assistant principal and associate superintendent. With a long career in administration, Cathy is skilled in building relationship and developing solutions.
Cathy has been instrumental in organizing successful events in Abilene, such as the first Key City Rhythm and Blues Festival, which benefitted the United Way and gathered an audience of people from various Texas cities, Oklahoma and as far away as Kansas City.
In Dr. Ashby's role as President she:
- Facilitates discussion between area non-profit organizations to identify the needs of our community
- Collaborates with area businesses and organizations to meet these needs through volunteerism, publicity and fundraising
- Serve 19 counties in West Central Texas
- Enlists volunteers to review area programs and make sure community dollars are well spent
- Oversees the Investment of community dollars in vital programs to serve clients and produce results
- Explain the purpose and impact of the United Way of Abilene
- Discuss how local organizations can get involved in the community
- Discuss the different types of partnerships in the community